In addition to licensing and inspection establishments, this Division is also responsible for the following duties:
- Inspection of all Fairs, Festivals, Farmer's Markets and Special Events.
- Food-Borne Illness Investigations and sampling.
- Food related consumer complaints follow-ups.
- New establishments and Remodeling facility plan reviews.
- Conducting educational programs for operators and employees.
- Assisting the consumer with food-related questions and problems.
Currently in place is an ongoing program to help food establishment operators provide the safest food products possible, and for consumers to receive the same. Inspections are conducted in an educational manner to ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations.